Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Okay, Italians, let just make something clear here...

Supermarkets sell food. Anything that does not sell any food at all cannot be called a supermarket. Okay?
Supermarket (n) : A large self-service retail market that sells food and household goods.

I know it seems rather ridiculous to actually get a dictionary definition, but believe me, readers, it's necessary. I realized today after doing a lot of shopping for art supplies (see the rest of this post) that I needed to get some more food as well. I rushed home and deposited my purchases, then looked up supermarkets near my apartment.

The first one I went to turned out to be a department store that sold accessories and women's clothing. The second was a sunglasses store.
Why, for the love of god, did you list yourselves under supermarkets?! That is wrong. No. I refuse to accept that. I'm cranky because I did a lot of walking for no reason, and when I got back, my room mate was using the kitchen (as is her right) and now I'm sitting writing a blog post instead of making pasta. This is bad, because I'm hungry.

Oh she's done. I'll be right back.

Okay, I'm no longer cranky because I made myself my signature dinner (see if you can guess what it is. hint: it may be the exact same thing I had last night, and the night before) and now I have some of my Very Own Grapes. 

I went to the art supply store with a couple of friends this afternoon, after having class all morning, which was enjoyable if somewhat tiring...my first class began at 8:45 am, which is early for this nocturnal girl. And I spent a rather frantic half an hour trying to find all the things I need for all the classes I'm taking.



Ta-da! There they are, the fruits of my labor. And rather expensive fruits they were indeed. Still, I am now the proud owner of:

  • 1 pad of peely-offy palette paper (say that 5 times fast)
  • 1 little bottle of linseed oil
  • 1 little bottle of damar varnish
  • 8 little tubes of assorted oil paints
  • 1 little box of 12 watercolors
  • 1 little pad of watercolor paper
  • 4 little canvasses, one slightly less little than the rest
  • 8 brushes, not all that little
  • 2 pencils, also regular sized
  • 1 eraser, white. Regular sized.
  • Oh and 1 palette knife.
And I still need rags and masking tape and something to get the seeds out of these grapes.
Here's a shot of the painting studio.



No comments:

Post a Comment