Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I got my first catcall today

I was wondering when that would happen. It wasn't particularly distressing or anything, but I thought I should mark the occasion.

In SACI's handbook they say you will reach a point where everything about the new country irritates you. I may have gotten to that point. It's so loud, it's very hot, there are more mosquitoes than I could possibly have imagined, the tourists are even more numerous than the mosquitoes, and just the fact that nothing is convenient. Nothing. I spent half an hour trying to find a street vendor that sells padlocks before I gave up. How much of a spoiled American white girl do I sound when I say that I dearly miss CVS?

I should mention though, despite all those things...this is still Italy.
So.


2 comments:

  1. What do you need a padlock for?! I'm DYING OF CURIOSITY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, just for my locker in the painting studio. Nothing big.

      Delete