Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

50 Shades of...Fashion? Also: vegetable origins

Hi everyone! Did you miss me? I bet you did, a lot. I haven't posted in like, forever, and I apologize for that. Who knew that keeping up with a blog would be difficult? Ah ha ha, that was a joke. I like to share those with you.*

So here's an update on Alice's Life, as of...now, is pretty good. I'm finally feeling a little more comfortable in my Italy skin. This may be because I only have 23 days left...who knows. In any case, I'm doing well, I'm excited about my school projects (all but one, let's talk about that later -- maybe with some asterisks?**) and I'm having a good time with my friends. Want some evidence? Here's a video I took on Thanksgiving day, which was very fun, thanks for asking. Watch it!***

We had a great celebration, everyone bringing something from their own family tradition, or in my case, something they thought would be easy to make. For the record, cornbread, and it really came out as squished corn cake because I didn't have measuring instruments. Protip: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THESE BEFORE YOU START COOKING.

All right, so let's get down to the meat of this post: my fashion illustrations. About 2 weeks ago -- I know, long time, be quiet -- I had a project to do 50 complete fashion sketches. In two days. Yeah. Full outfits. It was a little...horrible. But I ended up making a lot of outfits that I think are very cool. And now I'm making one! With real fabric and everything! That I dyed and painted myself! I dyed it in the mop bucket because we don't have any other buckets. Anyway, getting off topic. Here are the 50 fashion drawings I made, behold them and kiss/stroke/admire.

















Did you like them? I hope you did. <3

*I've been listening to a lot of My Brother, My Brother and Me. And by a lot I mean A LOT (this is a podcast where three brothers answer advice questions and make fun of celebrities, other people, and each other). There are just so many of them, I can't help it! Anyway, I think it's skewing my sense of humor. I've been feeling funnier lately, I guess.
**An art history paper. I just have so little enthusiasm for this. I don't want to write it. I don't even have a topic, and I have less than 20 days to write it. Oh...dear.
***If you aren't my Facebook friend, you may not be able to watch it. Sorry! I had no other options, people. Don't be mad.

OH THE VEGETABLE ORIGINS THING. My Italian bodywash (that smells strongly of almonds, or more like marzipan, it's kind of gross and I feel like a macaroon) has a sticker on it that says "ORIGINE VEGETALE" which I think means vegetable origins. Or it comes from vegetables. I don't know, and I'm too lazy to look it up. On another note, my room mate's shampoo says that it's for "CAPELLI CHIARI" or...clear hair. Clear? Like, transparent? Is this ghost shampoo?

No comments:

Post a Comment