Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Well that was unexpected



See that? So did I. Just now. In the Piazza della Signoria (where the Palazzo Vecchio and copy of Michelangelo's David are located). I was walking home from painting class in the Boboli gardens -- we've been doing landscapes -- when I heard drums and fanfares and the like. And I came across this parade.

Well that was pretty nifty. There were all sorts of people in those feathered hats and colorful tunics and dresses and there were flags and trumpets and drums and everything. I had no idea what was going on, but it was a pretty fantastic thing anyway. Now that I am home and I have given the internet a quick peruse, I learned that today is the Festival of Saint Reparata, and the historical parade was in her honor. Well, cool! Good going, Miss Saint!
But now I just want to go to a Renaissance fair.

Other updates:
a. I went to Siena and San Gimingano yesterday, I have a wealth of pictures and information to share. I haven't gotten around to it because
b. I am suffering from Extremely Painful Left Shoulder Disease, or EPLSD as I like to call it. I believe it is keyboard related, but it is also brought on by the following activities: drawing, reading, putting on clothing, taking off clothing, lifting anything heavier than a glass of water lifting anything at all (sometimes even with my right arm!) In other words, everything. I am also out of aspirin. Time to visit Carlo the Pharmacist again.
c. I found my headphones that work! Now I can listen to music with both ears instead of just the one. It was getting frustrating. Thanks to the Boyfriend for donating these headphones to my cause -- I'm sorry they were lost for so long. They were at the bottom of my backpack.

ps. Ransom negotiations with the captors of my contact lenses aren't going well. I brought my paperwork to Sam at the front desk of SACI, who told me he would call the people and get them to tell him why I don't have them yet. Protip for future packages: we must lie about the contents. Sending me explosives? Tell them it's socks and it will go through. Way to go, Italians.

No comments:

Post a Comment